In my part of the world, summer is just hitting its sizzling peak. Now is the time to revel in those long beach days… those sexy summer nights… those revealing little dresses that seem to be everywhere this year… 😉
So I wanted to fill this issue of the “Just For Guys” Newsletter with some little-known secrets that will help your summer really sizzle.
I’m talking about things like the number-one dating secret you need to know (even if you’ve mastered all the others) that will have one of those hot, bikini-clad women strolling down the beach with you before summer ends.
… And why getting sexy with a little red wine can be even more beneficial than you realized!
… And how you can follow these simple diet and exercise solutions to finally get those sculpted, sexy abs for the beach. It’s NOT too late!
Here’s to warm weather and hot women! (That’s what summer’s all about, right?!)
Learn This Key Dating Secret and Attract HOT Women Effortlessly!
Do you know why most men fail miserably with women.. even those who diligently study and understand the process of attraction?
It’s because they fail to master the ONE crucial part of the attraction process, the “attraction linchpin” that holds everything together.
Remove this linchpin, and the whole process fails, no matter how strong the other parts are.
No matter how much you know about creating attraction with women, no matter how much you read, study and take action, you will fail if this one critical part of the “attraction formula” is missing.
The Secret Attraction Linchpin
What is this secret “attraction linchpin”? Simply this: personal authority.
Here’s the truth: this is where most men are weakest when it comes to attracting — and keeping — the women they desire.
In fact, almost every divorce, breakup, or “dumping” has its root in the failure of the man to manifest personal authority.
I get more questions on this topic than any other subject, and see more confusion and frustration among men when it comes to understanding and implementing personal authority than anything else.
Why? The answer is simple: personal authority in men is actually discouraged by the public school system, the media, and especially other weak-minded men who are fearful of its power.
If You Don’t Have Personal Authority, She WILL Leave You for a Man Who Does.
Look at how men are portrayed on TV: lumpy, bumbling buffoons who are ruled by the women on the show, foolish clowns who literally trip over their own feet, only to be saved by a heroic female presence.
It may make for good TV, but when men apply this in the real world, it is an outright disaster. When you try to play the “nice guy” and give authority to the woman you’d like to attract, what happens?
She flakes on you.
She tells you “let’s just be friends,” or, even worse, if you’re already in a relationship, she leaves you for a jerk who most definitely would not make it in the world of TV. Maybe you’ve had this happen to you, too.
The weird thing is, if you talk to women, they don’t know WHY they left or flaked. In fact, they’ll even say, “I should be attracted to him, but I’m not. He does everything for me I thought I wanted, but I’m not attracted to him, and I don’t know why.”
The Big Secret That Women Don’t Realize About Themselves
Here’s the big secret: women hate this as much as men do. They hate meeting a man, only to discover there’s no attraction, no “chemistry,” even though he’s the “perfect gentleman,” the tame, submissive little boy they were told by society they wanted and needed.
What’s missing? Personal authority, plain and simple.
Women want a man who has a sense of authority about him, because this is what creates attraction.
It’s a biological fact — women literally cannot resist a man with strong personal authority.
Unfortunately, most women are incredibly frustrated because they simply cannot seem to meet a man who understands what authority truly is.
Now, don’t mistake authority with abuse of authority, another mistake most men make. Hollering, screaming, arguing, and telling a woman off is NOT authority — in fact it is the opposite. If you have to resort to these methods, then you have no personal authority.
The Truth About Personal Autority
What, then, is true authority?
Simply this: the art of getting other people to want to do what you want them to do.
That’s it — nothing more, nothing less. But it is very, very rare to meet anyone who has mastered this skill — although most of us have met at least one, once in our life.
See, when you’re in the presence of someone who has true personal authority, you want to be there, you want to spend time with them — there’s something magnetic about them.
Think back to a time when you had a teacher or professor you really respected, or perhaps a ball coach or military leader. How do you remember them? Fondly, and with respect, even if they were a hard-ass at times.
Why? Because you knew they had your best interests at heart, and were hard on you to get you to perform at your best.
They had incredible personal authority, and everyone remembers them.
You may not remember the jerks or the abusers of authority (or you might), and you certainly don’t remember the nerdy nice guys people ran all over, but you sure as heck remember those with a profound personal authority.
Here’s something you may not have observed at the time, something that might not have even registered: how women responded to these men.
In case you can’t remember, I’ll tell you: they were intensely attracted to them.
If they were a teacher or professor, all the girls giggled over them, while making fun of the nerds and nice guys.
Why? Because authority in and of itself creates attraction — it draws people to you.
When you exude true authority, people (especially sexy women) want to be in your presence. They tell others about you. They bring their friends to see you. They can’t get enough of you.
Your Ticket to Attracting Women
If there was only one thing I could teach all men about attraction, it would be how to develop your own unique personal authority.
If you have that — and only that — you can create incredible amounts of attraction wherever you go. But if you don’t have it, your chances of creating sustained attraction are slim to none, even if you’ve learned every other attraction secret under the sun.
Make It Red Wine for Date Night Tonight!
… By Dr. Steven Lamm, M.D.
There is a growing body of evidence linking red wine consumption with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
And a healthier heart, my friends, means a healthier sex life.
Scientists now believe that resveratrol — the oligomeric proanthocyanidin (OPC) compound found in the skin of the red grape, and in the grape seed itself — is responsible for the enhanced heart protection.
These two OPCs might also explain the so-called “French paradox.”
Consumers of high-fat foods (like butter, cream, eggs, cheese, and foie gras, just to name a few) and often heavy-duty smokers, the French nonetheless do not have the problem with heart disease that is rampant in the United States.
In France, the typical person still outlives his or her American counterpart by about 2.5 years (76.5 versus 74 years). More impressive, however, is that in spite of French lifestyle behaviors, they nevertheless suffer 40 percent fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Hence, the French paradox.
And of course, a healthy heart means a healthy sex life. So there may be some medical truth to the stereotype of the romantic Frenchman, after all…
Wait! Don’t Uncork that Bottle of Merlot Just Yet!
Just to be clear: I am NOT suggesting that you start drinking red wine all day long!
Red wine IS an excellent source of resveratrol, but the problem with adopting the French custom of drinking red wine with lunch and dinner to ward off heart disease is that it encourages alcohol consumption.
The concern with alcohol consumption is both the danger of addiction and abuse, along with the more prosaic caloric impact.
And even the most health-conscious eater doesn’t get the full benefits of a balanced diet — which, of course, includes the proper amount of fruits and vegetables. Foods lose much of their antioxidant powers once they are frozen, processed, or cooked.
That’s why I suggest that you supplement your diet with both red wine extract and grape seed extract.
Grapes Get Good Press.
Grapes produce resveratrol naturally as a fungicide to protect the plant against mildew that is common in some cool, humid, wine-growing regions. Researchers believe that resveratrol is partially responsible for the cholesterol-lowering effects of wine.
Recent studies suggest that by inhibiting fat deposits in the blood vessels, the antioxidant properties of resveratrol may result in reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, lowered total cholesterol, and lowered LDL cholesterol.
Just as its name implies, grape seed extract comes from the seeds of the red grapes typically used to make wine.
These seeds are rich in OPCs and will help improve blood circulation by preventing the development of harmful plaque that can obstruct arteries.
Grape seeds are so potent because they contain three types of flavenoids:
- Catechins are notable for their ability to help stave off the effects of atherosclerosis, the hardening of the arteries. (When your arteries harden, gentlemen, there is no way you can get a good erection.)
- Oligomers in the grape seeds help lower blood pressure (also a great way to keep your erections healthy).
- Polymers act as good all-around free-radical battlers.
These three flavenoids work together to help keep your penile vessels clear of plaque and functioning optimally.
Take These Natural Supplements and See Who Comes Knocking in the Morning 😉
The daily recommendation for antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables is five to nine servings. I know most of my patients don’t even come close to eating this much, which is why I recommend OPCs — like Pycnogenol, red wine extract, and grape seed extract — to all of my patients.
The grape seed flavenoids help thwart damage to the lining of the blood vessels by protecting the elastin and collagen that make up the vessels.
This helps ensure a steady supply of oxygen and other nutrients to the heart, brain, and penis.
Take 100 mg of grape seed extract (300 mg if you are a smoker), and 25 mg of red wine extract daily. When taken in combination with vitamins E and C, the OPCs enhance the effectiveness of vitamin E by 50 times and vitamin C by 20 times. That’s an antioxidant force that will certainly offer the most free-radical protection possible.
I use Isotonix OPC-3, a natural food supplement made up of a combination of grape seed, red wine, and pine bark extracts. Mixed with water to form an isotonic solution to supply the body’s chemical needs, it is well absorbed in the lower intestine within five minutes.
This recommended dose of supplements is part of my six-week “Hardness Factor” program to improve sexual function in men of any age. To learn more about the supplements I recommend and the other components of the program, go to:www.thehardnessfactor.com
Steely Abs for a Sexy Summer
… by Mike Wonnacott
So you want to work on the old six-pack? And I don’t mean the Budweiser kind…
Abdominal muscles are the muscles that, when fit, make us look and feel strong, healthy, and sexy.
Let’s start off with looking at the complexity of these muscle groups to understand how much more they are than simply a summer magnet for the opposite sex! Then we’re going to check out my top 3 recommended ab exercises for fast, awesome results, PLUS the diet secrets you need to really pop that six-pack.
Abdominal muscles are special because they provide postural support. They also play a role in defining the form (with strength exercise).
For example, the most superficial abdominal muscle, the rectus abdominis, gives the six-pack ab effect when it is worked to a high degree of fitness.
The deeper and closer to the spine the abdominal muscle is, the more effect over body posture it will have, and the greater capacity it will have for creating and maintaining a healthy spine.
There are six abdominal muscles, and all of them affect body posture. Let’s have a look at each of these six muscles, from the deepest to the most superficial (closest to the surface).
- Transversus Abdominis: The Deepest Ab MuscleThe transverse abdominis muscle is the deepest of the six abdominal muscles. It can have a tremendous effect on body posture. You cannot touch this muscle from the outside. It wraps around your torso, creating an effect similar to a back support belt.
- Internal Obliques: Strong Effect on PostureThe internal obliques are a pair of abdominal muscles that reside on each side of the torso. They are the next deepest, after the transversus. Just like the transversus, they affect body posture tremendously, only slightly less because of their more superficial position. The internal obliques are involved in, among other things, rotation and lateral flexion of the spine.
- External Obliques: Support Your Spine, Ribs, and PelvisThe external obliques are another pair of ab muscles that are located on either side of the torso. The external obliques are more superficial than the transversus and the internal obliques. Internal and external obliques together can create that lean, sculpted waistline in men who are fit.
- Rectus Abdominis: The much sought-after six-packThe rectus abdominis muscle is the most superficial of the abdominal muscles. The rectus abdominis muscle is responsible for the six-pack ab look in very fit people.
Mike’s Top 3 Abdominal Excercises for Fitter, Sexier Abs
Below are my three favorite ab exercises that will have a guaranteed impact on your six-pack — whether it’s the Budweiser kind or not.
- The BicycleThe bicycle exercise is the best move to target the rectus abdominis (the six-pack) and the obliques (the waist), according to a study done by the American Council on Exercise. Here’s how to do this exercise correctly:
- Lie face up on the floor and lace your fingers behind your head.
- Bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground without pulling on your neck
- Straighten your left leg while simultaneously turning your upper body to the right, bringing your left elbow towards your right knee.
- Switch sides, bringing your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Continue alternating sides in a “pedaling” motion for 12-16 reps.
- Hanging Leg RaisesThe captain’s chair leg raise is the second most effective move for the rectus abdominis as well as the obliques. You can do a variety of exercises on the captain’s chair, which is a rack with padded arms that allows your legs to hang free, and can be found in most health clubs and gyms.The key to keeping this move safe and effective is, first, to avoid swinging your legs or using momentum to bring the your up. Second, keeping your knees bent will help you focus more on your abdominals and less on your hip flexors.Here’s how to do it right:
- Stand on a chair and grip the handholds to stabilize your upper body.
- Press your back against the pad and contract your abs to raise your legs, lifting your knees towards your chest.
- Don’t arch your back or swing your legs up.
- Slowly lower back down and repeat for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
- Exercise Ball CrunchThe exercise ball is an excellent tool to strengthen your abs and comes out number three for working the rectus abdominis. To do it right:
- Lie face-up with the ball resting under your mid/lower back.
- Cross your arms over your chest or place them behind your head.
- Contract your abs to lift your torso off the ball, pulling the bottom of your ribcage down toward your hips.
- As you curl up, keep the ball stable (i.e., you shouldn’t roll).
- Lower back down, getting a stretch in the abs, and repeat for 12-16 reps.
The 3 Diet Secrets Behind Washboard Abs
There are three golden rules of thumb that you’ll need to follow — along with your exercise program — if you’re going to achieve the abs you’ve always dreamed of.
Golden Rule #1: To Get Killer Abs, You MUST Decrease Your Body Fat Percentage.
Too much body fat and you won’t be able to see your abs. Simple as that.
You could have the strongest, fittest abs on earth, but if you’re carrying pounds of pudge on top of them, they ain’t gonna show up.
To start seeing your abs really pop out, you’ll typically need to be at 10% body fat or below.
Golden Rule #2: Stick to a 40-40-20 Diet
In order to lower body fat, you need a good and balanced nutrition program consisting of 40 percent carbohydrates, 40 percent proteins, and 20 percent fats. This diet in conjunction with cardiovascular exercise and a good weight training routine that exercises your whole body and includes abdominal work are the key to long-term fat loss.
Golden Rule #3: Lots of, Well, the Golden Stuff
Along with a high protein, low fat, complex carb diet, you MUST consume water in great quantities. The body is made up of 70 percent water, and many bodybuilders and coaches recommend water as your number-one supplement.
Muscles themselves are made up of 75 percent water. If you want your abs to look amazing after all this hard work, the secret is to make sure your muscles are well hydrated.
The general rule for someone in serious training is to drink enough to have 4 or 5 clear urinations per day. An odd rule, I know, but one I like to use to remind people that in addition to hydrating your muscles, water also remove toxins from your body. So make sure you drink your water!
With these diet and exercise tricks, you’ll be well on your way to sexy, sculpted abs— before the end of beach season!
And of course, not only will you look better, you’ll feel better too, with stronger back support, a healthier diet, and a body you can be proud of.
“Just For Guys” Fun Fact…
The average American has sex 85 times a year.
The global average is 103 times per year.
See You Next Time!
So there you have it — the secrets to summertime sizzle, while there’s still time!
To better living,Craig JacksonEditor, JUSTFORGUYS.COM